How To Make Crispy Apple and Kohlrabi Salad
Try a sweet and savory meal with this tasteful kohlrabi salad! It’s got crunchy bites of apple, sunflower seeds, and more for a scrumptious salad.
- 2 kohlrabismall, cut into matchsticks about ¼ inch wide
- 1 Honeycrisp applelarge, cored and cut into matchsticks about ¼ inch wide
- ⅓ cupgouda cheesegrated, optional
- ¼cupfresh tarragon leaves
- 3tbspsunflower seedstoasted
- lemon zestto taste
- 2tbspolive oilto taste
- 2tbsplemon juiceto taste
- Flaky sea saltto taste
- freshly ground black pepperto taste
In a large serving bowl, combine the kohlrabi and apple matchsticks.
Add the cheese, tarragon leaves and sunflower seeds.
Shave lemon zest liberally over the bowl.
Drizzle in 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, then sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper.
Gently toss the salad, then add another drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice.
Finish with another light sprinkle of salt and pepper, serve, and enjoy!
- Calories: 577.66kcal
- Fat: 40.43g
- Saturated Fat: 20.81g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 13.88g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.40g
- Carbohydrates: 23.76g
- Fiber: 3.29g
- Sugar: 2.65g
- Protein: 36.57g
- Cholesterol: 123.12mg
- Sodium: 909.82mg
- Calcium: 1215.99mg
- Potassium: 1367.07mg
- Iron: 13.38mg
- Vitamin A: 262.40µg
- Vitamin C: 22.98mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!