For all the messy eaters out there, this recipe is for you. Who says it was impossible to combine sloppy joe and mac n cheese together? Haters, that’s who. This recipe has the best of both sloppy joes and mac n cheese lovers. You got the macaroni, the ground beef, the cheddar cheese; all these important ingredients that gives you that meaty and cheesy flavor. If you want to make your mouth watering, try this Meaty Cheesy Sloppy Joe Mac n Cheese.
How To Make Meaty Cheesy Sloppy Joe Mac n Cheese
A combination of sloppy joe with the comfort of the classic Mac N Cheese.
- 16 oz elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground dry mustard
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ lb ground beef
- ¼ cup butter
- 1.3 oz sloppy joe seasoning
- 4 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 can tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- In large pot, boil the elbow macaroni in salted water for 8-10 minutes or until al dense.
- Once the elbow macaroni is fully cooked, drain the water and set it aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef in medium heat until it is evenly brown.
- Drain the grease.
- Lower the heat and mix in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and sloppy joe seasoning.
- Let the sloppy joe mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced onions and cook until translucent.
- Mix the onions with the flour, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy whipping cream and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add it to the onion mixture and cook for 1 minute until it is slightly thickened.
- Turn off the heat and add 3 cups of shredded sharp cheese and cooked pasta into the pot and mix well.
- Transfer the beef mixture into casserole dish.
- This beef mixture will be the first layer.
- Then, transfer the pasta mixture and layer it on top of the beef mixture.
- Top it off with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 507mg
- Calories: 1053kcal
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Cholesterol: 242mg
- Fat: 76g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 724mg
- Protein: 39g
- Saturated Fat: 40g
- Sodium: 1026mg
- Vitamin A: 2456IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!