How To Make Air Fryer Hash Browns
Air fryer hash browns are an easy way to prep a classic breakfast staple that you can now prepare without all the extra fatty oils.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Peel and shred the potatoes.
- Place the shredded potatoes in a bowl of cold water for 10 to 20 minutes to draw out the excess starch.
- Drain and rinse the potatoes. Wipe out the bowl and return the potatoes to the bowl.
- Microwave on high heat for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring after each minute to parcook the potatoes.
- Lay them on a paper towel-lined baking sheet and pat them completely dry with more paper towels.
- Return the potatoes to the bowl and add the breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon of the salt, along with the pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Combine until the seasonings are evenly distributed among the potatoes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop up balls of the potato mixture and place them into an egg mold or round cookie cutter on the baking sheet. Press down to form patties within the ring. Remove the ring and repeat with the remaining potatoes.
Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator and chill for 20 minutes.
Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
Brush the basket of your air fryer with the oil and place the hash browns into the basket in one layer. Fry them in batches if needed.
- Air fry for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through until golden brown on both sides.
Sprinkle them with the remaining salt and serve immediately with favorite breakfast foods.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 14mg
- Calories: 56kcal
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 252mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 272mg
- Vitamin A: 2IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Satisfy your sweet tooth craving with this banana split cake, made of vanilla ice cream sandwiches, chocolate cool whip, and juicy fruits.
Jam & Spread
BBQ & Grilled
Dip, Sauce & Condiment