This creamy rice pudding recipe is a low-fat sweet treat. The delicious maple flavoring with nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves is what really pulls the dessert together.
How To Make Canadian Maple Rice Pudding
This Canadian maple rice pudding recipe is a filling dessert. sweetened with maple and brightened up with nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves for a rich flavor.
- ¾ cup short-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tsp maple flavored extract
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a saucepan combine the rice and water over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and gently simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes or until water has been absorbed.
- Stir in 1¾ cups of milk, then add sugar and maple flavoring.
- Bring to a boil again, and let simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes until mixture thickens and becomes creamy.
- Add the remaining milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and butter.
- Cook and stir over low heat for another 5 minutes. Pour into a casserole dish or serving bowls and leave to cool down for 5 minutes. Serve.
- Sugar: 25g
- Calcium: 118mg
- Calories: 254kcal
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 155mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 69mg
- Vitamin A: 167IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!