A fun way to get into the holiday season: let the kids help with the cookie cutter and then decorate! These easy gingerbread cookies recipe also yields edible tree ornaments.
How To Make Easy Gingerbread Cookies
These earthy, nutty, and warm easy gingerbread cookie treats made from your staple holiday ingredients result in this delicious dessert that the kids will get excited for.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream pudding mix with butter and sugar. Add egg, and blend well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon; blend into pudding mixture. Roll into a ball and wrap in plastic cling wrap.
- Chill dough for 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll dough on a floured board to about ¼-inch thickness and cut with a cookie cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheets; use a straw to make a hole in the top of the cookie for hanging on the tree, if desired. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack, and dust with powdered sugar. Serve.
- Sugar: 24g
- Calcium: 22mg
- Calories: 294kcal
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 56mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 186mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 356IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!