With pound cake as the base, this fruity cake could never be bad!
How To Make Pineapple Pound Cake
A quick and easy recipe to turn that regular pound cake into something most and flavorful. This recipe makes use of a bare pound cake and infusing it with a smooth pudding frosting while the cake base is soaked with a delicious blend of almond extract and pineapple juice.
- 1 pound cake, cut into 3 long layers
- 2 tbsp almond extract
- 1 can pineapple , no sugar added syrup, drained, with ¼ cup of the juice reserved, crushed
- 1 large fat free Cool Whip , or other fat free dessert topping
- 1 pack instant sugar free vanilla pudding mix, (1 oz) prepared according to pkg. sliced almonds nutmeg
- Combine almond extract with pineapple juice.
- Spoon over all three layers of pound cake.
- Combine Cool Whip, pudding, and pineapple, mixing thoroughly.
- Spoon between layers of cake, topping it with remaining mixture.
- Lightly cover with almonds and sprinkle generously with nutmeg.
- Sugar: 28g
- Calcium: 53mg
- Calories: 237kcal
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 84mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 413mg
- Vitamin A: 116IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!