On days that you feel like you need a sweet boost, try making this upside-down cake recipe. With a nutty and fruity flavor, it will surely turn that frown upside down.
How To Make Apricot Upside-Down Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain liquid from the apricots.
Take 5-6 apricot halves and puree in blender or food processor until smooth to make 1/3 cup puree.
- Reserve the remaining apricots.
Place the 4 tbsp. of butter with the brown sugar in 9" round cake pan.
- Slowly heat the cake pan on top of the stove.
Stir the butter-sugar mixture until hot and mixture has turned into a caramel. Cool.
- Evenly distribute the apricot halves cut side up on top of the caramel.
Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the 3 tbsp. of butter with the sugar.
- Add the 1/3 cup apricot puree and mix until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Alternately, stir in the flour mixture and the milk, stirring until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the cake batter over the apricot halves.
- Using a spatula, gently spread the mixture with a spatula evenly over the apricots.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the cake.
- When done, the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes then turn the cake upside down onto a cake platter.
- Sugar: 53g
- Calcium: 136mg
- Calories: 417kcal
- Carbohydrates: 73g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 370mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 342mg
- Vitamin A: 2633IU
- Vitamin C: 11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!