This fudgey brownie made even more decadent with cream cheese. If you are looking for a dark, rich, fudgey brownie that is different, this is it. If you like more cream cheese, try the variation. This fancy-looking brownie is easy to make. It is a simple two-step recipe.
How To Make Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- 5 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose plus 2 tbsp, or bread flour
For Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Dust with flour or line with parchment paper. Cut the chocolate into pieces. Melt the butter in the microwave or a double boiler. Add the chocolate. Let it sit for a minute and then stir.
- If the chocolate is not completely melted and mixture smooth, return it to the microwave or double boiler and heat until melted and smooth. Stir in the sugar and salt.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs together. Add the eggs and vanilla to the chocolate mixture. Stir until combined. Add the flour. Stir until combined again. Set aside.
- For the cream cheese filling, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat in. Add the egg yolks and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour half of the chocolate batter into the prepared pan. Spoon half of the cream cheese filling onto the batter in pools. Pour the rest of the chocolate batter over the cream cheese pools. Spread smooth.
- Spoon the remaining cream cheese filling in pools over the top of the brownie batter. Hold a table knife or spatula vertically and cut through the batters just until the two batters are swirled together. Do not over mix.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the brownies test done by sticking a toothpick or knife into the center of the pan. The brownies will be done when moist crumbs cling to the toothpick or knife. Let the brownies cool completely before removing them from the pan.