Running out of Christmas treats? This holiday spice bread recipe is a real winner! Give it as a gift to your family and friends or serve it up on the side with dinner.
How To Make Holiday Spice Bread
This spice bread recipe is full of holiday flavor! Put these loaves in pretty jars as delicious gifts to spread the festive cheer any time of the year.
- Cream sugar, brown sugar and eggs together.
- Add oil, vanilla, and brandy. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into greased, 1-pint, wide-mouthed canning jars with perfectly straight sides, a little more than half-filled.
- Place filled jars on a cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated oven, 350 degrees, for 40 to 45 minutes or until tested done like a cake.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the jars. Remove from jars and cool for 15 minutes on racks.
- Wrap each loaf in plastic wrap while still warm. Finish cooling on racks.
- Serve once cooled or freeze if you are making them ahead of time.
- Sugar: 37g
- Calcium: 112mg
- Calories: 447kcal
- Carbohydrates: 81g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 276mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 313mg
- Vitamin A: 106IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!