No wonder people bring popcorn in movie theaters, not only they fill the room with their fragrance, but you literally can’t get enough of its addicting taste.
Now you can also make movie nights possible at the comforts of your own home with a healthier version of your favorite muncher. We can’t wait for you to try our Vegan Caramel Popcorn Recipe.
How to Make Vegan Caramel Popcorn
Healthy, sweet, and tangy. Enjoy a cup of this easy-to-make vegan popcorn with caramel sauce at your next movie date!
- Preheat the oven to 215 degrees F.
- Put oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated, pour the kernels in, wiggling occasionally to cook the kernels evenly.
- Open the lid of the pan slightly to let some steam escape after about 1 minute.
- Cook until all popcorns are done popping, then remove from heat.
- Arrange the popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, place butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Bring mixture to boil while stirring constantly for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in baking soda. Stir until mixture is light amber in color and foamy.
- Pour caramel sauce over popcorn immediately. Stir until the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until popcorn is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool completely.
- For a smooth caramel, it is essential to add cream of tartar to prevent the caramel from crystallizing.
- It is important to include the baking soda so that the caramel won’t turn too hard. This step is essential for the caramel to properly coat the popcorn.
- You can store the popcorn in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Sugar: 42g
- Calcium: 42mg
- Calories: 315kcal
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fat: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 110mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 339mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 479IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!