How To Make Sous Vide Sirloin Steak
Want a perfectly cooked dish? Try this sous vide sirloin steak recipe. It's easy, fuss-free with the most minimal of efforts.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, (about 1 inch thick)
- ½ tsp coarse salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 tsp)
- fresh herbs , such as thyme or rosemary, optional
Add water to the sous vide container or a large pot, set the Sous Vide Precision Cooker to (135 degrees F) for medium-rare doneness.
Season the steak: Rub the steak with half a tablespoon oil on all sides.
- Season both sides with salt, pepper, minced garlic and optional herbs.
Add the seasoned sirloin steak to a zip-lock bag.
Seal all but one corner of the bag, and slowly place it into the water bath. Make sure everything below the zip-line is covered by water. Then seal the rest of the bag.
- Leave the bag in the water bath and make sure it is fully submerged.
Cook for 1 hour for a 1-inch sirloin steak.
When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath and transfer it to the fridge or an ice bath. Let it chill for about 10 minutes.
Remove the steak from the ziplock bag and wipe off the moisture with paper towels.
- Season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
Place the cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat. Add the remaining olive oil. Once hot, add the steak and sear about 1 minute per side.
- Slice against the grain and serve with potatoes and veggies.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 72mg
- Calories: 374kcal
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Cholesterol: 138mg
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 795mg
- Protein: 50g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 711mg
- Vitamin A: 3IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!