How To Make Vegetarian Pho
Grab your pot and start cooking up this vegan-friendly pho recipe! This Vietnamese soup is perfectly seasoned and makes the best dinner meal.
- 2Frontier Co-op cinnamon sticks3-inch
- 3Frontier Co-op whole cloves
- 2Frontier Co-op star anise
- 1large white onionpeeled and quartered
- 1fresh ginger4-inches, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 32ozvegetable stockor broth
- 2tbspreduced-sodium tamarior soy sauce
- 6ozrice noodlesone large handful
- 1tbspavocado oilor mild extra-virgin olive oil or neutral-flavored oil
- 5ozshiitake mushroomsthinly sliced
- Mung bean sprouts
- fresh basilsprigs, Thai basil or cilantro
- fresh mintsprigs
- green onionsthinly sliced, mostly green parts
- fresh jalapeñovery thinly sliced
- small lime wedges
Warm a medium soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the cinnamon sticks, cloves, and star anise.
Toast for 3 to 4 until fragrant, while stirring occasionally.
Add the onion, ginger, vegetable stock, water and tamari.
Raise the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Prepare the rice noodles by cooking them according to package directions. Set aside.
Warm the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
Add the mushrooms and a few dashes of salt.
Cook for 4 to 6 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and lightly browned. Set aside.
Once the broth is done cooking, strain out the onions, ginger and spices.
Season to taste with extra tamari and salt.
Ladle the broth into bowls, then add cooked noodles and mushrooms.
Serve with desired garnishes, and enjoy!
- Calories: 241.14kcal
- Fat: 4.36g
- Saturated Fat: 0.55g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.73g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.62g
- Carbohydrates: 45.80g
- Fiber: 3.72g
- Sugar: 3.15g
- Protein: 5.30g
- Sodium: 1431.22mg
- Calcium: 59.89mg
- Potassium: 295.43mg
- Iron: 1.41mg
- Vitamin A: 8.36µg
- Vitamin C: 6.24mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!