Find a new and tasty way to enjoy carrots with this creamy soup! This easy-to-make recipe pairs nicely with bread for dipping and a fresh salad.
How To Make Cream Of Carrot Soup
Prep: 10 mins
Roast: 40 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 1 hr 20 mins
- ¼ cup butter
- 2½ cups carrots, cubed
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp salt, divided, to taste
- 1 tsp curry powder, to taste
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 sprig coriander, to taste
- To start preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Next, peel and wash the carrots and potatoes, pat dry and cut into cubes. Then chop the onions, celery, and ginger.
- Place the carrots on the baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil and season with ½ teaspoon of salt. Toss them until lightly coated and arrange them neatly.
- Place the carrots in the oven and roast for 25 to 40 minutes or until tender. Take the carrots out of the oven and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- In a large pot, add butter and 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, onion, celery, and ginger to the pot and saute until vegetables are slightly tender. Then add the carrots into the pot.
- Pour the chicken broth and water into the pot, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and let it cool down for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the pot into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the pureed mixture back into the large pot and reheat it. Stir in the cream and let it simmer until it's heated through.
- Ladle the soup into a bowl. Season with curry powder, black pepper, and kosher salt. Top it off with a sprig of cilantro and serve.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 59mg
- Calories: 284kcal
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Fat: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 532mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 872mg
- Vitamin A: 9587IU
- Vitamin C: 18mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!