Find a new and tasty way to enjoy carrots with this creamy soup! This easy-to-make recipe pairs nicely with bread for dipping and a fresh salad.
How To Make Cream Of Carrot Soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cup carrots sliced
- 1 large potato peeled and cubed
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, chicken broth, and ginger.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth. Return soup to Dutch oven and stir in cream.
- Sprinkle with curry powder, salt, and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through. Serve.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 768mg | Potassium: 595mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 9570IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg