Have you been wondering, “What can I make with cottage cheese?” This 5-minute low-carb salad recipe will make you realize that we have all been sleeping on cottage cheese for so long. Enjoy this summer cottage cheese salad with cucumbers and tomatoes with a simple apple cider vinegar and honey dressing and see fresh deliciousness explode! It’s best to bring to a summer outdoor bbq potluck with zucchini noodles on the side.
Tips on Making Cottage Cheese Salad
The star of this summer salad, cottage cheese, is actually a fresh cheese curd and not aged. It’s soft, white, creamy, fresh, high in protein, and low in calories which makes it a great addition to a weight loss diet. Here are tips in making this the best cottage cheese salad ever:
- Go for the 4% full-fat and large curd variety for the cheese. It’s the creamiest and has the best flavor.
- Pick the freshest tomatoes and cucumbers. Pick ones that are firm and have smooth skin. Avoid using overripe ones as these are extra juicy, and will make the salad watery.
- Use a chilled mixing bowl and salad bowl for preparing and serving this dish so it stays fresh. Then, refrigerate it immediately and only take it out when ready to serve.
- Add other delicious ingredients to your mix. Fresh fruits go well with cottage cheese. Check out our CAQ section to know more about it. You can also add croutons or salmon sashimi. If you add olives and dijon mustard, it’ll be a Greek salad.
How To Make Cottage Cheese Salad
A 5-minue fresh cottage cheese salad filled with fresh tomatoes, radish, and cucumbers tossed in a light honey vinaiggrette.
- Combine the vinegar, honey, olive oil, and black pepper in a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- In a chilled large bowl, gently mix the cottage cheese, radish, cucumbers, tomatoes, and honey vinegar dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 14g
- Calcium: 118mg
- Calories: 203kcal
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Fat: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 550mg
- Protein: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 354mg
- Vitamin A: 505IU
- Vitamin C: 32mg
Commonly Asked Questions
What can I do with cottage cheese?
Other than making a healthy and filling salad, you can smear them on crusty bread and top with a dash of cinnamon to make a cheesy cinnamon toast for breakfast. You can also turn it into this delectable cottage cheese jello salad dessert.
What fruit goes well with cottage cheese?
Sweet-tart berries go well with creamy cottage cheese. It also goes well with peaches, pineapples, and oranges. Feel free to add these in to your salad.
ConclusionEnjoy this fresh summer cottage cheese salad that’s packed with different flavors. It’s not only delicious but also very nutritious. Add it in to your regular sides and salads!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pies & Pastries
This low-fat and low-calorie cottage cheese pie is creamy with just the right level of sweetness, made warm and earthy with nutmeg. Make this guilt-free treat in under an hour.
This healthy fruit salad recipe makes the easiest and quickest Christmas dessert. The combination of tropical fruits and berries makes the perfect light snack while your guests wait for dinner or as a refreshing dessert during a cold winter holiday.
We’re bringing a hassle-free Furr’s copycat right into your kitchen. It’s a sweet and savory dish you and your family would definitely enjoy.
A rich and savory chicken and rice burrito that’s sure to satiate your burrito cravings! It’s filled with the right amount of spicy from the chicken and tangy from the cilantro rice.
It's a simple dessert of combined orange Jello and your choice of fruit.
Fresh avocados stuffed with tasty cottage cheese and refreshing spinach and tomatoes—our Fresh Avocado And Cottage Cheese Salad Recipe makes for a quick and healthy lunch that doesn’t lose out on deliciousness.