How To Make Stuffed Ziti Fritta
Forget the bread sticks and try this stuffed zita fritta next time. A creamy cheese mixture serves as the filling to golden-fried rigatoni pasta.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente (2 minutes less than the recommended time from the package).
- Drain the pasta and add olive oil. Stir to coat. Set aside to cool.
Filling & Stuffing:
While pasta is cooking, you can make the filling. In a large bowl, add ricotta cheese, mozzarella, cream cheese, parmesan, and Romano cheese. Stir until combined.
Spoon the cheese mixture into a zip-top bag. Seal the bag and cut the corner.
- Pipe the cheese mixture into one side of the rigatoni. Flip and pipe the other side to fill.
- Place the filled rigatoni pasta on a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot until it reaches 350 degrees F.
- Place eggs, flour, and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls.
Place a stuffed rigatoni into the flour to coat, then shake off excess flour. Dip it in the beaten egg with a fork. Then roll the rigatoni in bread crumbs to coat. Repeat with the rest of the rigatoni.
Carefully lower 5 to 6 pieces of breaded rigatoni into the hot oil using a slotted spoon. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the cheeses just start to ooze out.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towels using a slotted spoon. Repeat with the rest of the rigatoni.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and optional chopped parsley. Serve with marinara sauce or Alfredo sauce.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 200mg
- Calories: 427kcal
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Fat: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 197mg
- Protein: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 340mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 333IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!