How To Make Baked Apple Cider Donuts
Baked to cakey perfection, these delicious apple cider donuts are made delightfully intense with apple cider, apple pie spices, and sweet cinnamon-sugar!
Stirring occasionally, simmer the apple cider in a small saucepan for around 20 minutes over low heat, until about ½ cup is left.
Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the donut pan with a non-stick spray. Set aside.
Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, apple pie spice, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
Whisk the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk, and vanilla extract together.
Pour into the dry ingredients, then add the reduced apple cider, and whisk everything together until smooth and combined. (The batter will be slightly thick.)
Spoon the batter into the donut cavities. For ease, use a large zipped-top bag.
Cut a corner off the bottom of the bag and pipe the batter into each donut cup, filling about halfway.
Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until the edges and tops are lightly browned.
To test, poke your finger into the top of the donut. If the donut bounces back, they’re done.
Cool the donuts for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Re-grease the pan and bake the remaining donut batter.
Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and apple pie spice together in a medium bowl.
Once cool enough to handle, dunk both sides of each donut in the melted butter, then generously dunk into the apple spice topping, as well.
Donuts are best served immediately.
- Leftovers keep well covered tightly at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To make ahead, freeze the donuts, coated or not coated in the toppings, for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and warm up to your preference in the microwave.
- If you don’t have a donut pan, make donut muffins instead in a standard 12-cup muffin pan. Grease the pan or use muffin liners, fill each ¾ full, then bake at 350 degrees F for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. This makes about 10 to 12 apple cider donut muffins.
- To make mini donuts or mini donut holes in a mini muffin pan, grease the pan, add the donut batter to the pan only about ¾ of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 8 to 9 minutes.
- Calories: 250.95kcal
- Fat: 7.44g
- Saturated Fat: 4.49g
- Trans Fat: 0.27g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.93g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.42g
- Carbohydrates: 44.09g
- Fiber: 0.74g
- Sugar: 29.53g
- Protein: 2.70g
- Cholesterol: 31.60mg
- Sodium: 163.84mg
- Calcium: 46.02mg
- Potassium: 74.91mg
- Iron: 1.07mg
- Vitamin A: 65.30µg
- Vitamin C: 0.30mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!