How To Cook Spaghetti In Instant Pot
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to cook pasta, look no further than the Instant Pot. This multi-functional kitchen appliance is not only great for making soups and stews, but it can also cook perfect al dente spaghetti in no time. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps for cooking delicious spaghetti using your Instant Pot.
- 8 ounces of spaghetti
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Break the spaghetti in half and place it in the Instant Pot.
- Add water, salt, and olive oil to the pot. Make sure the spaghetti is fully submerged in the water.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Select the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” function and set the cooking time to 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a separate bowl, combine the crushed tomatoes, dried basil, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Once the cooking time is complete, carefully release the pressure by turning the valve to the venting position. Be cautious as the steam will be hot.
- Open the lid and drain any remaining water from the pot.
- Return the spaghetti to the Instant Pot and pour the sauce over it.
- Select the “Saute” function and cook the spaghetti with the sauce for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the spaghetti rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the spaghetti hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
There you have it! Cooking spaghetti in the Instant Pot is a breeze. It saves you time and the pasta turns out perfectly cooked every time. Feel free to experiment with different sauces and add your favorite toppings to personalize the dish. Now, go ahead and enjoy a delicious bowl of homemade spaghetti!
Read Next: How To Cook Mashed Potatoes In Instant Pot