How To Make Asian Plum Sauce
Learn how to make this sweet, sour, and fruity plum sauce to easily brighten up your dips and sauces. It’s tasty and easy to make!
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the plums are soft and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and pour the sauce into a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth and return to the pot. *
- While waiting for the sauce to boil, prepare 2 to 3 sterilized half-pint jars for storing the sauce.
- Bring the plum sauce back to a boil, then slowly ladle into hot, sterilized jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace.
- Place sterilized lids and rings on the jars and process for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Remove jars from the water bath and place them over a towel to rest for 24 hours. Check seals before storing.
*An immersion blender can also be used directly in the pot. Just be careful with blending hot liquids!
- Sugar: 233g
- Calcium: 234mg
- Calories: 977kcal
- Carbohydrates: 239g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 614mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 298mg
- Vitamin A: 1461IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!