With fabulously spicy Mexican flavor, jalapenos and chili powder give this rice a kick!
How To Make Mexican Rice Pilaf
- 1 ½ cup instant brown rice
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 1 large tomato seeded and chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth, rice, chili powder, jalapeno peppers, and cumin.
- Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper. Cover.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir tomato and shredded cheese into hot cooked rice.
Calories: 609kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 1107mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4968IU | Vitamin C: 102mg | Calcium: 485mg | Iron: 7mg