How To Make Crispy Cheese and Mushroom Quesadillas
Ready in 20 minutes, you can’t go wrong with these crispy cheesy mushroom quesadillas. They’re made with corn tortillas and cheddar cheese for a sharp bite.
- 2tbspolive oil
- 1lbwild mushrooms,or cremini, or button, thickly sliced
- 1clovegarlic,finely chopped
- ½bunchscallions,thinly sliced
- ⅛tspground black pepper
- 1½cupscheddar cheese,or monterey jack, or a combination, grated, about 6 oz
- small handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 10corn tortillas,(6-inch)
- jalapeño peppers
In a large skillet over medium-high, heat the oil until it shimmers. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until they release some of their moisture.
Add the garlic and scallions to the pan and cook for 2 to 4 minutes longer, or until the garlic is aromatic and the scallions soften. Add the salt and pepper.
Wipe out the skillet and place it over medium heat. Once hot, place a tortilla in the pan and scatter with 2 tablespoons of cheese and 2 tablespoons of mushrooms.
Top with cilantro leaves and another 2 tablespoons of cheese. Place a second tortilla on top and press down lightly. Cook on one side for about 1 minute, or until the cheese begins to melt.
With a large spatula, flip the quesadilla over and cook for another 30 seconds, or until the cheese melts and the tortillas are lightly toasted with a few brown spots. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, and filling.
Cut each quesadilla into quarters as they finish cooking and serve while hot with salsa and some sliced jalapeños if preferred. Enjoy!
- For microwave cooking, assemble the quesadillas as above. Place on a plate and microwave for about 1 minute, or until the cheese melts. Cut into quarters. Your quesadillas will be softer and less crispy.
- Alternatively, if you’d like to cook and serve all the quesadillas at once, transfer each quesadilla as it’s done to a baking sheet in a 300 degrees F oven to keep warm while you finish cooking the remainder.
- Calories: 352.62kcal
- Fat: 20.68g
- Saturated Fat: 8.64g
- Trans Fat: 0.47g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7.62g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.83g
- Carbohydrates: 29.30g
- Fiber: 6.83g
- Sugar: 1.87g
- Protein: 13.89g
- Cholesterol: 40.39mg
- Sodium: 403.78mg
- Calcium: 330.40mg
- Potassium: 620.66mg
- Iron: 4.04mg
- Vitamin A: 114.87µg
- Vitamin C: 2.72mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!