This bow ties recipe is a fabulous vegetarian pasta dish. Make it low-fat by using fat-free half-and-half.
How To Make Bow Ties with Butternut Squash and Peas
- 16 oz bow-tie pasta or corkscrew pasta
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 oz frozen peas
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 tsp fresh sage leaves minced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large saucepot, cook pasta as directed on the package.
- Place squash chunks in a 2.5-quart, microwave-safe baking dish. Cover and cook in a microwave oven on high, stirring once, for 12 minutes.
- Stir in peas, half-and-half and sage. Cook uncovered for 2 minutes.
- In a large warm serving bowl, toss pasta with squash mixture, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Serve.
Calories: 655kcal | Carbohydrates: 119g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 751mg | Potassium: 1145mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 20699IU | Vitamin C: 68mg | Calcium: 281mg | Iron: 4mg