Serve over brown rice to soak up the mushroom sauce, or with instant polenta and Parmesan cheese with this easy herbed pork loin recipe. If you don’t have steak seasoning, use a blend of black pepper, crushed red pepper, salt, and garlic.
How To Make Herbed Pork with Sauteed Wild Mushrooms
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- cooking spray
- 3 cup shitake mushroom caps sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp steak seasoning
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 loin pork chops boneless, center-cut, about 3/4-inch thick, 4 oz each
- 1 cup chicken broth fat-free, less-sodium
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Remove mushrooms from pan.
- Rub steak seasoning and thyme over pork. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Combine broth and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk. Add mushrooms and broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened.