Bake up a Mexican-inspired dish that is sure to satisfy the whole family.
How To Make Heavenly Chicken Enchilada Casserole
This creamy enchilada is made flavorful by a handful of flavors: from sour cream to chili peppers, we guarantee that this is going to be a dish to remember.
- Cook chicken and dice, set aside. Sauté mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, & minced jalapeno pepper until tender.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in chicken and green chilies.
- Set aside. Combine milk and flour in a small saucepan.
- Gradually stir in water; place on medium heat-cook & stir until thick & bubbly.
- Stir in chili powder, salt, cumin, & pepper.
- Add to chicken mixture and set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels & then in foil & bake at 350 degrees for 10 min.
- Arrange half of the tortillas in a 12x8x2 dish.
- Top with half of chicken mixture.
- Repeat with rest of tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 min.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; let stand 10 min.
- Top serving with tomato and sour cream.
- Garnish with additional jalapeno pepper slices.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 209mg
- Calories: 491kcal
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Cholesterol: 170mg
- Fat: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 1170mg
- Protein: 58g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 646mg
- Vitamin A: 1061IU
- Vitamin C: 30mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Indulge in every bite of tender chicken pieces and crisp tortillas in creamy and savory salsa sauce! This quick and easy enchilada recipe serves a casserole bursting with flavors.
Delicious enchilada sauce to save those leftover chicken
Chicken enchilada casserole recipe in stacked layers