Bake up a Mexican-inspired dish that is sure to satisfy the whole family.
How To Make Heavenly Chicken Enchilada Casserole
This creamy enchilada is made flavorful by a handful of flavors: from sour cream to chili peppers, we guarantee that this is going to be a dish to remember.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion , 1 1/4 cup (chopped)
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. jalapeno pepper, minced
- 4 oz green chilies, chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup water
- ¾ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup tomato, chopped and unpeeled
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Cook chicken and dice, set aside. Sauté mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, & minced jalapeno pepper until tender.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in chicken and green chilies.
- Set aside. Combine milk and flour in a small saucepan.
- Gradually stir in water; place on medium heat-cook & stir until thick & bubbly.
- Stir in chili powder, salt, cumin, & pepper.
- Add to chicken mixture and set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels & then in foil & bake at 350 degrees for 10 min.
- Arrange half of the tortillas in a 12x8x2 dish.
- Top with half of chicken mixture.
- Repeat with rest of tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 min.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; let stand 10 min.
- Top serving with tomato and sour cream.
- Garnish with additional jalapeno pepper slices.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 209mg
- Calories: 491kcal
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Cholesterol: 170mg
- Fat: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 1170mg
- Protein: 58g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 646mg
- Vitamin A: 1061IU
- Vitamin C: 30mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!