Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe
Bake up a Mexican-inspired dish that is sure to satisfy the whole family.
How To Make Heavenly Chicken Enchilada Casserole
This creamy enchilada is made flavorful by a handful of flavors: from sour cream to chili peppers, we guarantee that this is going to be a dish to remember.
- Cook chicken and dice, set aside. Sauté mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, & minced jalapeno pepper until tender.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in chicken and green chilies.
- Set aside. Combine milk and flour in a small saucepan.
- Gradually stir in water; place on medium heat-cook & stir until thick & bubbly.
- Stir in chili powder, salt, cumin, & pepper.
- Add to chicken mixture and set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels & then in foil & bake at 350 degrees for 10 min.
- Arrange half of the tortillas in a 12x8x2 dish.
- Top with half of chicken mixture.
- Repeat with rest of tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 min.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; let stand 10 min.
- Top serving with tomato and sour cream.
- Garnish with additional jalapeno pepper slices.
- Calcium: 209mg
- Calories: 491kcal
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Cholesterol: 170mg
- Fat: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 1170mg
- Protein: 58g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 646mg
- Sugar: 4g
- Vitamin A: 1061IU
- Vitamin C: 30mg