Sweet pineapple juice mixes with over a dozen cloves of garlic for an intensely flavored ham.
How To Make Pineapple-Glazed Ham
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 25 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids.
- Remove skin and excess fat from ham.
- Make 1/4-inch-deep cuts in a diamond design, and insert cloves at 1-inch intervals.
- Place ham in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan.
- Spread Dijon mustard evenly over ham.
- Pat brown sugar on top of the mustard.
- Pour pineapple juice mixture into pan.
- Arrange pineapple and cherries evenly over mustard layer on ham; secure with wooden picks.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Shield with aluminum foil after 1 hour to prevent excess browning, and bake 1 -1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140 degrees, basting every 30 minutes with pan juices.
- Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- Cover ham, and chill, if desired.
- Chill reserved drippings.
- Remove and discard fat from drippings.
- Bring drippings to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Serve warm with ham.
- Sugar: 52g
- Calcium: 114mg
- Calories: 734kcal
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Cholesterol: 245mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 8mg
- Potassium: 1662mg
- Protein: 86g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 6296mg
- Vitamin A: 35IU
- Vitamin C: 19mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!