When you’re in the mood for something sweet, try making this healthy juice. If you think you hate beets, we definitely encourage you to try this because the sweetness of the melon complements the beet perfectly. It gets rid of that “earthy” taste that most people dislike in beets.
If you’re really nervous about the beet flavor, you can also leave out the beet greens. Alternatively, use a more mild-tasting green like spinach.
Original recipe from fortheloveoffoodblog.com
How To Make Fresh Cantaloupe & Beet Juice
- 3 beets medium
- 1/2 cup beet greens
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 lemon peeled
- 2 sprigs basil large; or 1 sprig of mint
- 1/4 cantaloupe medium, rind removed
- 1/2 cup watermelon rind removed
- Run the ingredients through your juicer.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.