An avalanche of raspberries and an avalanche of flavor! This beautiful, rich cake will impress any partygoers and satisfy any sweet tooth.
How To Make Chocolate Raspberry Avalanche Cake
Sweetened chocolate cake topped with raspberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 10-inch (12 cup) Bundt pan with shortening.
- Flour lightly.
- Place wire rack on counter for cooling cake.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add coffee and 3/4 cup shortening.
- Beat at low speed of electric mixer until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Do not over bake!
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Place cake, fluted side up, on wire rack.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Brush top and side with liqueur.
- Cool completely.
- Dust top with confectioners' sugar.
- Place cake on serving plate.
- Fill center with raspberries.
- Sugar: 36g
- Calcium: 33mg
- Calories: 265kcal
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Fat: 3g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 188mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 323mg
- Vitamin A: 76IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!