Get ready for a lighter and easy-to-make Tuna Noodle Casserole!
Are you craving a delicious and comforting dinner that’s also light and hassle-free? Well, look no further! In this blog post, we’re going to show you how to make a mouthwatering Lighter Tuna Noodle Casserole with just one pan and absolutely no need for knives. So, let’s dive right in!
What makes this Tuna Noodle Casserole lighter?
We know that traditional Tuna Noodle Casserole can be quite heavy, loaded with cream and cheese. But worry not! We’ve come up with a healthier twist that doesn’t compromise on flavor. Instead of heavy cream, we’ll be using low-fat milk and a touch of Greek yogurt to achieve a creamy texture. Trust us, you won’t even miss the heavy cream!
Step-by-step instructions for a one-pan wonder:
- Gather your ingredients:
- 1 can of tuna, drained
- 8 ounces of egg noodles
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large oven-safe pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and cook until they become golden brown.
- Next, add the frozen peas and cook for a couple of minutes until they thaw.
- Now, it’s time to add the drained tuna, egg noodles, low-fat milk, Greek yogurt, dried thyme, salt, and pepper to the pan. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Cover the pan with a lid or foil and transfer it to the preheated oven. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the noodles are cooked through and the casserole is heated evenly.
- Once out of the oven, give the casserole a good stir to evenly distribute the sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy your lighter Tuna Noodle Casserole with a delightful combination of flavors!
Why you’ll love our one-pan wonder Tuna Noodle Casserole:
- Quick and easy: The recipe requires just one pan, making the cooking process a breeze.
- No knives needed: With simple chopping and slicing, you won’t need to worry about handling knives.
- Healthier choice: Our lighter version reduces the calorie content without sacrificing taste.
- Creamy and flavorful: The combination of low-fat milk and Greek yogurt creates a creamy texture with a tangy twist.
- Comfort food with a twist: Enjoy the nostalgia of a classic casserole with a healthier spin!
With our easy-to-follow recipe, you’ll have a delicious and lighter Tuna Noodle Casserole on the table in no time. So, gather your ingredients, grab your one pan, and get ready to savour a nutritious and tasty meal. Your taste buds will thank you!
Remember to share your culinary creation on social media and spread the love for our Lighter Tuna Noodle Casserole with your friends and family. Happy cooking!
– 8 ounces of whole wheat egg noodles
– 1 can of tuna, drained
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1 cup of skim milk
– 1 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
– 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 cup of shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese