How To Fry Spring Rolls With Rice Paper
Spring rolls are a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or a main course. While there are many variations of spring rolls, one of the most popular ways to prepare them is by frying them with rice paper. This method gives the rolls a crispy exterior while keeping the filling moist and flavorful. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to fry spring rolls with rice paper:
- Rice paper wrappers
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Assorted vegetables (carrots, cabbage, bean sprouts, etc.), thinly sliced
- Protein of choice (shrimp, chicken, tofu, etc.), cooked and sliced
- Rice noodles, cooked and drained
- Soy sauce or dipping sauce of choice
1. Prepare the rice paper wrappers:
- Fill a shallow dish with warm water.
- Dip one rice paper wrapper into the water and let it soften for about 10 seconds.
- Place the softened wrapper on a clean, damp towel.
- Repeat the process with the remaining wrappers.
2. Assemble the spring rolls:
- Place a small amount of each filling ingredient in the center of a rice paper wrapper.
- Fold the sides of the wrapper over the filling.
- Roll the wrapper tightly, starting from the bottom, to form a sealed spring roll.
- Repeat the process with the remaining wrappers and fillings.
3. Fry the spring rolls:
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet or a pot over medium heat.
- Add the spring rolls to the hot oil, a few at a time, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry the rolls for about 2-3 minutes, or until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon or tongs to remove the fried spring rolls from the oil and transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
4. Serve and enjoy:
- Serve the fried spring rolls with soy sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
- These crispy delights can be enjoyed hot or at room temperature.
- Pair them with a side of steamed rice or a fresh salad for a complete meal.
With just a few simple steps, you can create crispy and flavorful spring rolls using rice paper. Feel free to experiment with different fillings and dipping sauces to customize the taste to your liking. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply craving a tasty snack, these fried spring rolls are sure to impress!
Read Next: How To Fry Imitation Crab Meat