Fry to Perfection: How to Cook Frozen Burritos
When hunger strikes and time is of the essence, frozen burritos can be a lifesaver. Quick and convenient, these handheld delights are a delicious way to satisfy your cravings. While microwaving frozen burritos is a popular option, it often leaves them soggy and lackluster. But fear not! In this guide, we’ll show you how to achieve crispy perfection by frying frozen burritos.
What You’ll Need
To fry frozen burritos to crispy perfection, you’ll need the following:
- Frozen burritos of your choice
- Oil for frying (vegetable, canola, or peanut oil work well)
- Deep frying pan or skillet
- Tongs or a slotted spoon for turning and removing burritos
- Paper towels for draining excess oil
- Optional toppings like salsa, sour cream, or guacamole
The Frying Process
- Step 1: Heat the oil
- Step 2: Prepare the burritos
- Step 3: Fry the burritos
- Step 4: Drain excess oil
- Step 5: Serve and enjoy
Begin by heating the oil in a deep frying pan or skillet. You’ll want enough oil to submerge the burritos fully, but not so much that it overflows. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until it reaches a temperature of around 350°F (175°C).
While the oil is heating, remove the frozen burritos from their packaging. For best results, let them thaw slightly at room temperature for about 10 minutes. This will help to ensure even cooking throughout.
Using tongs or a slotted spoon, carefully place the burritos into the hot oil. Cook them in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Fry the burritos for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they turn golden brown and crispy.
Once the burritos are cooked to your desired level of crispiness, remove them from the oil using tongs or a slotted spoon. Place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
Now that your fried frozen burritos are ready, it’s time to dig in! Serve them hot and crispy, and if desired, top them with your favorite toppings like salsa, sour cream, or guacamole. Enjoy your delicious homemade treat!
Tips and Variations
- Experiment with different flavors and types of frozen burritos. From classic bean and cheese to spicy chicken or beef, the options are endless.
- If you prefer a healthier alternative, you can use an air fryer instead of deep frying. Simply follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cooking times and temperatures.
- Feel free to get creative with your toppings. Add some shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, or jalapeños to elevate the flavor of your fried burritos.
- For an extra kick, sprinkle some chili powder or cayenne pepper on the burritos before frying them.
By following these simple steps, you can turn ordinary frozen burritos into a crispy and satisfying meal. Whether you’re in a hurry or just looking for a tasty snack, frying frozen burritos is a game-changer. Try it out and let the crispy goodness melt in your mouth!
Read Next: How To Fry A Frozen Burger