How To Make Shrimp Chips
Whet your appetite with this shrimp chips recipe. A simple, crispy, fried prawn cracker snack perfect for snack time or as a starter for a meal.
- 1 pack shrimp chips
- 2 cups neutral-flavoured oil
- Add oil to a pot or wok and heat on a medium-high flame to 330 degrees F. To test the oil, gently dip the tip of a piece of chip into the oil. If it sizzles and bubbles, the oil is ready.
- Add 10 to 12 pieces of prawn chips at a time. Stir to make sure that each chip is submerged in hot oil for even cooking.
- Once the chips have expanded and are floating to the top of the pot, remove them with a metal spider or spatula. Drain with a paper towel lined plate to remove any excess oil. Repeat steps until the whole pack is cooked.
- Serve immediately while hot and crispy! If you wish, feel free to prepare some dipping sauces to go with your chips too.
- Calories: 677kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat: 73g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 17g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 42g
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 1g
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!