How To Make Greek Htipiti Dip
Experience bold, spicy flavors in this htipiti dip, a Greek concoction of creamy feta dip with red and cayenne pepper for that hot and smoky taste.
- 8ozblock of feta cheese,patted dry and cut into 1-inch
- ½cuproasted red peppers,patted dry and roughly chopped
- ¼cupextra-virgin olive oil,plus additional for garnish
- 1tbsplemon juice
- ¼tspcayenne pepper,omit if sensitive to spice
- freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- red pepper flakes,crushed, for garnishing, optional
In the bowl of your food processor, combine the feta, bell pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and about 10 twists of freshly ground black pepper.
Process until the mixture is orange, fairly smooth, and you no longer see any big chunks of feta. Taste, and add additional cayenne pepper if you want it to be extra spicy. Blend briefly to combine.
Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl. Smooth the top and create a few swooshes with a spoon.
Lightly drizzle some olive oil on top, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired.
Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for later. This dip will keep well in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
- Calories: 1653.79kcal
- Fat: 153.82g
- Saturated Fat: 62.11g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 74.87g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 10.72g
- Carbohydrates: 23.71g
- Fiber: 1.88g
- Sugar: 19.02g
- Protein: 49.60g
- Cholesterol: 302.77mg
- Sodium: 3123.99mg
- Calcium: 1696.71mg
- Potassium: 438.73mg
- Iron: 3.36mg
- Vitamin A: 588.57µg
- Vitamin C: 182.51mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!