How To Make Sauteed Morels
If you want a healthy and yummy recipe, then you should try sauteed morels! The mushrooms are cooked with herbs, broth, and butter.
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Total: 45 mins
- 1 lb morels, fresh or dried
- 2 tbsp cooking oil, clarified butter, or duck fat
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 fresh herbs sprigs, such as rosemary or thyme
- 1⁄8 tsp red wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock, or mushroom broth
- Clean the morels using one of these methods. If using dried mushrooms, reconstitute in water for 30 minutes until soft.
- Strain and reserve the mushroom broth. Gently pat the mushrooms dry with a towel or allow them to air dry naturally an hour before cooking.
- Slice the larger mushrooms in half or quarters lengthwise.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the morels.
- Cook the morels until they are brown, stirring occasionally. This should only take a few minutes.
- Add half the butter, minced garlic, and sprigs of herbs. Let the garlic soften, then deglaze the pan with a splash of vinegar and the broth.
- Reduce the heat to low. Sauté the morels another few minutes until tender. If at any point they begin to dry out, add a splash of broth.
- During the last minute of cooking, swirl in the remaining butter. Shake the pan to emulsify.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- Sugar: 14g
- Calcium: 80mg
- Calories: 480kcal
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Fat: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 16mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 14g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g
- Potassium: 1364mg
- Protein: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 1326mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 401IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!