Add some zest to a normally creamy dish with lemon and a crunch of peas. You’ll never have fettuccine like this delicious recipe.
How To Make Lemony Fettuccine Alfredo with Peas
If you're in favor for fettuccine pasta for dinner, then this recipe calls for a light lemony tang that adds flair to this classy pasta dish.
Let the light cream, half & half, or whipping cream and margarine or butter come to room temperature
- Allow about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Drain immediately in a colander.
- Return pasta and peas to the warm saucepan.
- Add the room-temperature cream and margarine, the Parmesan cheese, and lemon peel to the pasta.
- Toss gently until pasta and peas are well coated.
- Transfer to warm individual plates.
- Sprinkle with pecans or walnuts.
- Serve immediately.
- Team this side dish with grilled salmon fillets and crisp tossed salads.
- Calcium: 189mg
- Calories: 405kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Fat: 23g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 233mg
- Protein: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 282mg
- Sugar: 3g
- Vitamin A: 804IU
- Vitamin C: 15mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!