How to Make Butterfly Shrimp
Deep fried butterfly shrimp is a delicious appetizer that you can make in 20 minutes. This is a Filipino inspired recipe.
- Butterfly the shrimp by running a knife lengthwise more than halfway through the back or front of the shrimp. Gently open the cut to form a butterfly-like figure. Make sure that the tail of the shrimp is still on.
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Heat the oil in a deep cooking pot.
- Dredge the shrimp in flour and then dip in the egg mixture.
- Put the shrimp back on the flour mixture and shake a bit for the flour to coat.
- Dip the flour coated shrimp back to the egg mixture and then place in the container where the Panko breadcrumbs are. Shake to coat.
- Deep fry for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the color of the outer part turns golden brown.
- Arrange in a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
- Share and enjoy!
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 45mg
- Calories: 1663kcal
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Fat: 171g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 107g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 48g
- Potassium: 94mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 723mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 139IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!