How To Cook Tortellini From Frozen: A Quick and Easy Guide
There’s nothing more satisfying than a hearty bowl of tortellini. But what do you do when you only have frozen tortellini on hand? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this article, we’ll show you the best methods to cook delicious tortellini from frozen.
1. Boiling Method:
- Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt, and bring it to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, carefully add the frozen tortellini.
- Stir gently to prevent the tortellini from sticking together.
- Boil the tortellini for the time indicated on the package instructions, typically around 8-10 minutes.
- Check for doneness by tasting a piece of tortellini. It should be al dente, cooked but still slightly firm.
- Once cooked, remove the tortellini using a slotted spoon or drain them in a colander.
- Now, your tortellini is ready to be served with your favorite sauce or toppings!
2. Baking Method:
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the packaging, usually around 375°F (190°C).
- Place the frozen tortellini in a baking dish.
- Cover the tortellini with your preferred sauce or broth.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake the tortellini for about 25-30 minutes, or until they are fully cooked and heated through.
- Remove the foil during the last few minutes of baking to allow the tortellini to brown slightly.
- Take the dish out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
3. Sauteing Method:
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil or butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the frozen tortellini in the skillet.
- Saute the tortellini for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- You can add some minced garlic, onions, or your favorite veggies to add extra flavor to the dish.
- Once the tortellini are cooked, serve them immediately with your desired sauce or toppings.
Now that you know the different methods, you can cook tortellini from frozen easily and enjoy a flavorful meal in no time. Remember, whether you choose to boil, bake, or sauté your tortellini, always follow the package instructions for the best results. Happy cooking!
Read Next: How To Cook Frozen Sweet Potato Fries