How To Make Perfect Sirloin Tip Roast
Dinners are more special with a perfect sirloin tip roast! The steak cut is seasoned, roasted for a delectable crust, then slow-cooked ’til tender.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Remove roast from the refrigerator for at least 45 to 60 minutes before cooking.
Rub roast with olive oil and seasonings. Slice onions into thick rings, then, not separating the rings, place in the bottom of a dark pan.
Place roast on top of onions.
Roast for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F and roast for about 1 hour and 30 minutes more, or until cooked to desired temperature.
Remove from oven. Let it rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
Discard onions and save any drippings for gravy or freeze to add to soups or stews.
Serve and enjoy!
- You may not need all of the onions, as you only need the ones covered by the roast, or else they will burn.
- For roasting: an internal temperature of 135 degrees F is needed for medium-rare, while 145 degrees F is for medium.
- You may remove the roast from the oven a few degrees before it’s done. You can take it out when the roast has reached an internal temperature of 142 degrees F. Just loosely tent with foil afterwards.
- Calories: 645.45kcal
- Fat: 43.91g
- Saturated Fat: 16.83g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 19.81g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.91g
- Carbohydrates: 2.07g
- Fiber: 0.46g
- Sugar: 0.67g
- Protein: 56.75g
- Cholesterol: 221.13mg
- Sodium: 705.54mg
- Calcium: 78.68mg
- Potassium: 909.84mg
- Iron: 4.30mg
- Vitamin A: 0.33µg
- Vitamin C: 1.25mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Bars and Brownies
BBQ & Grilled
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
Satisfy your sweet tooth craving with this banana split cake, made of vanilla ice cream sandwiches, chocolate cool whip, and juicy fruits.
Bars and Brownies
Breads & Doughs