On a brisk fall day, nothing is more appealing than a steaming bowl of this soup. The sage gives it that special taste.
How To Make Carrot Apple Soup
An amazing savory carrot soup dish with the inclusion of tart apples! The flavor combination along the aromatic herbs and spices creates this wonderful balance of savory and subtle sweetness from the tart apples cooked tender.
- In a large saucepan, melt the margarine.
- Add carrots, apples, onion and celery; cook and stir until the onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add broth, sage, pepper and bay leaf; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Cool soup for 5 minutes.
Puree (⅓ at a time) in a blender or food processor.
- Return to the saucepan; cover and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Sugar: 17g
- Calcium: 64mg
- Calories: 182kcal
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 782mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 209mg
- Vitamin A: 20556IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!