In diets, it’s essential to go for meats that are white and lean. So if you’re craving for some fish, cods are the healthy kind of fish meat to include in your diet. They contain dietary nutrients such as Vitamin B12 that is essential for adults. Serve this in a basket lined with newspaper. Add crispy french fries, coleslaw, and plenty of homemade tartar sauce and you have a fish and chips dinner that will really wow your friends and family.
How To Make Beer Battered Cod
- Heat a deep fryer to 300 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the flour and beer and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and hot sauce and mix until well blended.
- In a shallow pan add the corn flour and a little salt and pepper.
- Rinse the fish well then pat dry with a towel.
- Cut the fillet diagonally into 1 inch strips.
- Dip the fillet strips one at a time into the batter, allow the excess batter to drip off then coat the fillet in the corn flour mixture then carefully slide the fish into the hot oil.
- Be careful not to over crowd your deep fryer.
- Only do three to four pieces at a time.
- Fry the fish to a nice golden brown, about 8 to 9 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and tent with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- Repeat until all of the fillet pieces have been fried.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 26mg
- Calories: 228kcal
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 651mg
- Protein: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 170mg
- Vitamin A: 60IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!