How To Make Chickpea Salad with Carrots and Dill
Enjoy a healthy bowl of this protein-rich chickpea salad, made with crispy celery, pepitas, and carrots, all tossed for a colorful and filling meal!
- 30ozchickpeas,(2 cans), or 3 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2cupscarrots,(about 5-6 medium carrots), peeled and grated
- ⅔cupcelery,(about 2 long stalks), chopped
- ½cupgreen onions,(about 4), thinly sliced
- ½cupfresh dill leaves,chopped
- ½cuppepitas,(hulled pumpkin seeds)
- ⅓cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 2tbspsherry vinegar
- 1garlic clove,medium-to-large, pressed or minced
- freshly ground black pepper
In a medium serving bowl, combine the chickpeas, carrots, celery, green onions, and dill. Set aside.
Toast the pepitas in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes, until they are starting to turn golden and make little popping noise . Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine the olive oil, 2 tablespoons of the vinegar, garlic, salt, and about 10 twists of pepper.
Whisk until blended and pour all of the dressing over the chickpea mixture. Add the toasted pepitas to the bowl and stir to combine. Taste, and add additional vinegar and/or salt.
Serve, and enjoy!
For the best flavor, let the salad marinate for 30 minutes or even overnight in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 1084.73kcal
- Fat: 38.33g
- Saturated Fat: 5.08g
- Trans Fat: 0.01g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 18.42g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 10.74g
- Carbohydrates: 144.27g
- Fiber: 29.50g
- Sugar: 26.37g
- Protein: 49.03g
- Sodium: 258.11mg
- Calcium: 173.71mg
- Potassium: 1941.67mg
- Iron: 11.05mg
- Vitamin A: 530.26µg
- Vitamin C: 16.42mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!