The homemade dressing on this southwest salad makes it extra special. Simply cook the chicken before adding in the other ingredients. Stir them up and combine with the rest of the vegetables. The cumin dressing is undoubtedly sweet, sour and adds a mild spice everyone’ll love.
How To Make Chicken 'N Corn Tostada Salad
Have a healthy and delicious meal with this chicken ‘n corn tostada salad recipe. Savory chicken, fresh veggies, and cheese, drizzled with a tasty cumin dressing.
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Total: 35 mins
- 1½ lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 2x1/2-inch strips
- 16 oz frozen sweet corn, or fresh corn from 4 ears, cut off cobs
- 3 cups blue corn tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Haas avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 head butterhead lettuce, torn into pieces
- Salsa and sour cream
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and garlic in and cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Then transfer the contents to a large bowl.
- Prepare corn according to package directions, or sauté fresh corn for 2 minutes in the pan used to cook chicken.
- Add corn, red pepper, black beans, and green onions to the chicken. Stir in the cumin dressing and refrigerate for about 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add tomatoes, avocados, and lettuce. Toss to combine.
- Serve with cheese, tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream, letting each guest dress their salad to taste.
- Sugar: 8g
- Calcium: 266mg
- Calories: 537kcal
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Fat: 25g
- Fiber: 10g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 929mg
- Protein: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 401mg
- Vitamin A: 1511IU
- Vitamin C: 27mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!