Cornish hens can be an elegant dinner option for non-meat eaters and game lovers. This Cornish game hen recipe is simple, yet flavorful. If you don’t need 4 hens, the recipe is easily adjustable.
Cornish Game Hens with Garlic and Rosemary Recipe
- 4 Cornish game hens giblets removed
- 24 garlic cloves peeled
- 4 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- ⅓ cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- Additional rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pat hens dry with paper towels.
- Season cavities lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 lemon wedge and 1 rosemary sprig in cavity of each hen.
- Rub hens with 1 tbsp. oil.
- Season outside of hens lightly with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in heavy large roasting pan.
- Scatter garlic around hens.
- Roast hens 25 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Pour wine, broth and remaining 2 tbsp. oil over hens.
- Continue roasting until hens are golden brown and juices run clear when thigh is pierced at thickest part, basting every 10 minutes with pan juices, about 25 minutes longer.
- Transfer hens to platter, pouring any juices from cavity into roasting pan.
- Tent hens with foil to keep warm.
- Transfer pan juices and garlic to heavy medium saucepan.
- Boil until reduced to sauce consistency, about 6 minutes.
- Cut hens in half lengthwise.
- Arrange on plates.
- Spoon sauce and garlic around hens.
- Garnish with additional rosemary sprigs and serve.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!