How To Make Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
This cheeseburger tater tot casserole is a great winter comfort food. Enjoy the heartiness of beef and the creaminess of cheese in every spoonful.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a casserole dish, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in ketchup, mustard and relish. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish and smooth into an even layer.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter completely. Slowly whisk in the flour until smooth. Continue to whisk while cooking the roux until it is golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, taking care to fully incorporate it with the roux. Keep whisking until the sauce is thick and bubbling; about 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
Remove the pan from heat and whisk in 1½ cups of cheese until it is completely melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Evenly pour the sauce over the meat mixture.
Arrange the frozen ORE-IDA® TATER TOTS® potatoes in an even layer over the cheese sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese onto the tots. Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- If desired, sprinkle with fresh Italian parsley just before serving.
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 285mg
- Calories: 492kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Fat: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Potassium: 683mg
- Protein: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 1110mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 599IU
- Vitamin C: 10mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!