How To Make Strawberry Parfait
Serve a quick dessert with this luscious strawberry parfait! This tart treat has crushed biscuits, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream.
- 12 amaretti biscuits
- 2 tbsp amaretto liqueur
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- Place the amaretti biscuits in a plastic bag and gently crush using a rolling pin until they resemble coarse sand. Remove a couple of tablespoons and keep to the side for garnish.
Spoon an even amount into the base of 4 glass dessert dishes or wine glasses. Press the crushed biscuit crumb firmly with the back of a spatula, then carefully, without disturbing the crumb, spoon over the amaretto.
Pop the glasses into the refrigerator while preparing the rest of the parfait.
- Wash, hull, and dry the strawberries.
Choose 3 or 4 of the largest, well-shaped strawberries and slice as thinly as possible. Then, finely chop the remaining strawberries.
- Once the biscuit base is chilled, take the slices and lay evenly into the base and up the sides of the glasses in an even line. Repeat with a second row behind and overlapping with the previous fruit, reserving a few slices of strawberry for decoration.
Fill the well in the middle of the sliced fruit with ½ of the chopped strawberries. Return the glasses to the refrigerator.
Whip the cream, vanilla extract, and confectioners' sugar using a stand or hand mixer to create stiff peaks. Take care not to overwhip the cream.
- Pipe the cream into each glass using a piping bag fitted with a large plain nozzle or layer using a spoon. Top with another layer of chopped strawberries and finish with more cream. Decorate with a few slices of strawberries and a little amaretti crumb.
If the parfaits are not to be eaten immediately, cover each glass with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator. They are best eaten on the same day.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!