How To Make Fall-Inspired Fudge Brownie Cupcakes
Pumpkin cream cheese frosting on some moist brownie cupcakes? These simple and yet tastefully delicious desserts would sell well at picnics.
For Brownie Cupcakes:
- 4ozunsweetened chocolate,or bittersweet, chopped, I used Ghirardelli
- ½cupunsalted butter,(1 stick) cut into cubes
- 1¼cupsgranulated sugar
- 1tsppure vanilla extract
- 3largeeggs,room temperature
- ¾cupall-purpose flour,spoon & leveled
For Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4ozcream cheese,softened to room temperatur
- 2tbspunsalted butter,softened to room temperature
- ¼cuppumpkin puree
- 1tspground cinnamon
- ¼tspground ginger
- ¼tspground cloves
- ¼tspground nutmeg,or ¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2½cupsconfectioners’ sugar,sifted
- ¼cupheat-treated all-purpose flour,to thicken, as needed
- salt,to taste
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tins with baking cups or spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Melt the chopped chocolate and sliced butter together in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each until completely smooth and combined.
Allow to cool for a few minutes. Stir in sugar, then vanilla.
Add in eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the flour and salt.
Pour batter into 12 muffin tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese, butter, pumpkin, and spices on medium speed until creamy.
Add the 2-2.5 cups of sifted powdered sugar depending how sweet you’d like it.
If frosting is much too thin, add in the flour to thicken it.
Add salt to cut the sweetness, if you prefer. Frost cooled cupcakes as desired.
- Calories: 415.20kcal
- Fat: 19.10g
- Saturated Fat: 11.38g
- Trans Fat: 0.39g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.29g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.93g
- Carbohydrates: 57.60g
- Fiber: 2.14g
- Sugar: 45.94g
- Protein: 4.73g
- Cholesterol: 82.51mg
- Sodium: 244.81mg
- Calcium: 34.72mg
- Potassium: 136.73mg
- Iron: 2.52mg
- Vitamin A: 175.22µg
- Vitamin C: 0.22mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!