A moist carrot cake is always a fantastic dessert to prepare and this two-layered cake with homemade icing is no exception. The added pecans give this cake an extra crunch and nutty flavor.
How To Make Crunchy Carrot Cake
This crunchy carrot cake recipe is an amazing dessert. 2 layers of moist cake with sweet homemade frosting, and the pecans add crunch and nuttiness.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two round cake pans on the bottom and sides.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the oil, brown and white sugars, and vanilla. Gradually whisk in the eggs. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl gradually.
- When the batter is smooth, stir in the carrots, raisins, and 1 cup pecans. Divide the batter equally between the two pans and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Beat the cream cheese on medium speed for 1 minute and then beat in the powdered sugar gradually.
- Add the whipping cream and beat for 1 more minute. Cover with plastic wrap while the cake cools completely.
- Frost the top layer of one of the cakes and place the second cake on top of the frosting.
- Frost the sides and top of the now two-layered cake and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Sugar: 74g
- Calcium: 110mg
- Calories: 759kcal
- Carbohydrates: 111g
- Cholesterol: 127mg
- Fat: 33g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 451mg
- Protein: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 776mg
- Vitamin A: 8675IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!