How to Make Sticky Monkey Bread
Are you ready to indulge in the gooey, sweet delight of sticky monkey bread? This irresistible treat is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even dessert! With its soft, pillowy texture and caramelized sugar coating, monkey bread is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Don’t worry, it’s easier to make than you might think! Just follow these simple steps:
- Ingredients you’ll need:
- 3 cans of refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a Bundt pan or a round cake pan with a little butter or cooking spray.
- Preparing the monkey bread:
Open the cans of refrigerated biscuits and separate the dough into individual biscuits. Cut each biscuit into four pieces. In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Coating the dough:
Dip each biscuit piece into the melted butter, then roll it in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until it’s well coated. Place the coated pieces into the greased pan, stacking them on top of each other until all the dough is used.
- Creating the sticky caramel topping:
In a small saucepan, melt the brown sugar and remaining butter over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is smooth. If desired, you can add chopped nuts to the caramel mixture for extra crunch.
- Baking and serving:
Pour the caramel mixture over the coated dough in the pan, ensuring that it is evenly distributed. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until the bread is golden brown and cooked through.
Once done, remove the monkey bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then, carefully invert the pan onto a serving plate, allowing the sticky caramel topping to drizzle down over the bread.
Serve the warm and heavenly sticky monkey bread by pulling apart the individual pieces, letting everyone enjoy the gooey goodness!
No matter the occasion, homemade sticky monkey bread is a guaranteed hit. Its scrumptious flavor and delightful texture will leave everyone wanting more. So go ahead and give this recipe a try – it’s sure to become a favorite in your household!
– 3 cans of refrigerated biscuit dough
– 1 cup of granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
– 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
– 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
– 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease a bundt pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
3. Open the cans of refrigerated biscuit dough and separate each biscuit.
4. Cut each biscuit into quarters and roll them into balls.
5. Dip each dough ball into the melted butter, making sure it is fully coated.
6. After coating the dough ball in butter, roll it in the cinnamon sugar mixture until evenly coated.
7. Place the coated dough balls into the greased bundt pan, layering them as you go.
8. If desired, sprinkle chopped nuts between the layers.
9. In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar until combined, then pour it over the dough balls in the pan.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and cooked through.
11. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before inverting the pan onto a serving plate to release the bread.
– Diced apples or other fruits
– Raisins or dried cranberries
– Chocolate chips or caramel sauce
Feel free to experiment with different ingredients and flavors to create your own unique twist on this classic treat!
Read Next: How To Make Mini Chicken Potpies