Delicious Quesadillas: Cooking Chicken on the Stove
Are you craving a flavorful and satisfying meal? Look no further than chicken quesadillas cooked on the stove! This classic Mexican dish is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and some handy stove tips, you’ll have mouthwatering quesadillas in no time. So, let’s dive in and master the art of cooking chicken for quesadillas on the stove!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
- Optional toppings: diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, sour cream, guacamole
- Prepare the chicken: Start by seasoning your chicken breasts with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Rub the spices onto the chicken until coated evenly.
- Cook the chicken: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the seasoned chicken breasts and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Make sure to flip the chicken halfway through to cook it evenly.
- Shred the chicken: Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet and allow it to cool for a few minutes. Using two forks, shred the chicken into small, bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Assemble the quesadillas: Place four tortillas on a clean surface. Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on each tortilla, followed by the shredded chicken. If desired, add additional toppings such as diced tomatoes and sliced jalapenos.
- Cook the quesadillas: Heat a separate large skillet over medium heat. Carefully transfer one assembled tortilla into the skillet and top it with another tortilla. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden brown.
- Repeat and serve: Repeat the cooking process with the remaining tortillas and ingredients. Once all the quesadillas are cooked, remove them from the skillet and let them cool slightly. Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve hot with your favorite toppings like sour cream and guacamole.
There you have it! A scrumptious and simple recipe for cooking chicken for quesadillas on the stove. Whether you’re preparing a quick lunch, a family dinner, or a flavorful snack, these quesadillas are sure to satisfy. Get creative and try different fillings like sautéed peppers and onions or even add some diced green chilies for an extra kick. So, gather your ingredients, turn on the stove, and enjoy this mouthwatering Mexican treat!
Read Next: How To Cook Chicken So It’s Tender