Looking for a dish that’s worthy to bring to any potluck? Well, the search is over because not only is this chicken casserole recipe easy to follow, but it gives a hefty serving that your guests will love. No one can never go wrong with serving a casserole – a dish that’s versatile in ingredients and flavor.
How To Make Chicken, Rice and Green Chili Casserole
This chicken, rice and green chili casserole recipe is great for potlucks. Savory chicken mixed with rich cheese, and spicy chilis baked in an easy one-pot meal.
- 2 cup long grain rice, cooked
- 4 cups water
- 10 oz Mexican cheese blend, reserve ½ cup
- 2 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 oz Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 7 oz green chilies, diced
- 14 oz white chicken, drain, separate and reserve liquid, in water or broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse rice with cold water until clear.
- Put rice in small saucepan with 2 cups of cold water. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer on low for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, package of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, diced green chilies and reserved broth from chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow mixture to blend.
- Combine cooled cooked rice, chicken chunks, ½ cup of cheese, and sour cream mixture in a large bowl then mix thoroughly.
- Place in a greased 1½ quart casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese on top, return to oven and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 306mg
- Calories: 347kcal
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 169mg
- Protein: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 980mg
- Vitamin A: 488IU
- Vitamin C: 8mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!