It’s the most amazingly flavorful dish! We recommend using organic chicken breasts for this recipe. The spices and ingredients make this butterflied chicken recipe incomparable! You get a zesty flavor with each bite of the chicken. It’s a treat you shouldn’t miss out on.
How To Make Butterflied Chicken
Mix the chopped rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper together in a small bowl to make a paste.
- Place the chicken on a sheet pan, skin side up, and loosen the skin from the meat with your fingers.
Place ½ of the paste under the skin of each chicken.
- Rub any remaining paste on the outside and underside of the chicken.
- Turn the chicken skin side down and scatter the lemon slices and sprigs of rosemary.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold chicken over, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
For Cooking In The Oven:
OVEN: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake chicken for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until juices run clear.
For Cooking On The Grill:
- GRILLING: Heat a grill with coals. Spread the coals out in 1 dense layer and brush the grill with oil. Unroll the chickens, place them on the grill and cook for 12 minutes on each side.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 69mg
- Calories: 797kcal
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Cholesterol: 290mg
- Fat: 42g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 1038mg
- Protein: 95g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 288mg
- Vitamin A: 475IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pies & Pastries
Nothing beats a classic. Try this fantastic recipe for toasted pecan pie to share among your family and friends on your next weekend bake! This recipe calls for a bit of your time but it sure is worth it.
A wonderfully crafted cake that tastes just as good as it looks! This amazing combination of white sponge cake along with a red velvet layer that is not only delightful in it of itself, but with the smothering of flavorful cream cheese and peppermint frosting completes it all!
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
A quick and easy recipe for a delicately smooth and savory dip, or have it as a side dish on its own! A wonderful blend of tahini, garlic, and dill with a smooth chickpea paste.
Pan-Fry & Skillet
This recipe will be loved by Ranch lovers. The mushroom soup and ranch salad dressing is definitely a winning combination.