The coffee gives this dish a deep-rich flavor. Whether you like coffee or not, you will love this dish. You can even barely taste the coffee. Because what you’ll be tasting is a beef brisket with a jaw-dropping flavor from the brisket bbq sauce recipe.
How To Make Brisket in Coffee-Barbecue Sauce
A chunk beef brisket simmers in a delectable and savory coffee infused barbecue sauce, giving it an irresistable savory taste that will make your mouth water with every bite.
In a medium kettle, heat ¼ cup of the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft and golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the red pepper.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the brown sugar.
- Pour in the coffee, vinegar, and tomatoes; bring to a boil; and then lower to a simmer.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Working in small batches, transfer the tomato-coffee mixture to a blender and puree.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Season the brisket with salt and pepper.
In a Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid, heat the remaining ½ cup oil.
- Brown the brisket on both sides.
- Drain off the oil, leaving the brisket in the Dutch oven.
- Turn the brisket so that the fat side is facing up and then coat it with the pureed tomato-coffee mixture.
- Cover the Dutch oven and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 3 hours, basting frequently.
- Remove the lid and bake uncovered until the brisket is glazed and very tender, about an hour and a half more.
- Remove the brisket and set it aside to rest for 10 minutes, covered with foil, before slicing thinly across the grain.
- Sugar: 11g
- Calcium: 30mg
- Calories: 409kcal
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Fat: 25g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 767mg
- Protein: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 145mg
- Vitamin A: 692IU
- Vitamin C: 11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!